Common Causes Of Swimming Pool Accidents In Philadelphia
While swimming pools are a great way to enjoy a summer day, they can also be very dangerous. Drowning is not the only risk associated with swimming pools, however. Swimming pool accidents can also lead to other serious injuries, such as:
- head injuries
- spinal cord injuries
- broken bones
- chemical burns
Swimming pool accidents can occur in a number of ways, but some of the most common causes include:
- Slip and fall accidents: These can occur when someone steps on a slick surface near the pool, such as wet concrete or a puddle of water.
- Drowning: This is the most common cause of death in swimming pool accidents. Drowning can happen when someone falls into the pool, is pulled under, or is overcome by toxic fumes. In many cases, the victim is an inexperienced swimmer or a child who was not properly supervised.
- Swimming pool equipment accidents: These can occur when a suction entrapment accident occurs, such as one caused by a faulty drain. They may also happen because of another piece of pool equipment, such as an overhead door on a diving board.
- Injuries from water slides and other attractions: This may include injuries from the ride itself, such as collisions or falls, or injuries from the surrounding equipment.
- Injuries from diving: Diving accidents can happen when someone jumps into a pool without checking for people below them, does not dive correctly and suffers impact injuries to their head and spine, or is injured by other swimmers underwater.
- Exposure to chemicals: Pool chemicals such as chlorine and acid can cause skin and eye injuries.
When you or a loved one is involved in a swimming pool accident, the consequences can be serious and long-lasting. After securing emergency medical treatment, you may want to explore your legal options.
How Can A Philadelphia Swimming Pool Injury Attorney Help You?
If you or your family member has suffered a swimming pool injury in philadelphia, it is important to seek prompt legal advice. An experienced swimming pool accident attorney can help you file a claim for damages and may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries. Possible damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and loss of life enjoyment.
According to Philadelphia law, people who are injured while swimming in someone else’s pool may be able to file a claim for damages if the following applies:
- The person had a legal right to be on the property where the pool was located.
- The injury was caused by a dangerous condition on the property.
- The owner of the property knew or should have known about the dangerous condition and did nothing to fix it.
If you are considering filing a claim for swimming pool injuries, it is important to speak with an experienced swimming pool accident lawyer first. A swimming pool lawyer can investigate your case and determine whether you have a valid claim.
If you or someone you know was injured in an accident at a pool, hotel, Water Park, cruise ship, or public facility in philadelphia, contact our law firm today.