If you or a loved one has been hurt due to medical malpractice in Philadelphia, you may qualify for compensation. You must call 215-464-4600 and book a free consultation from local reputed attorneys today.
Talk to an experienced Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorney at The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman and discuss your concerns. Our attorneys have handled numerous different complex malpractice cases in more than two decades of experience.
With us, you will not face any hassle until you receive the monetary benefits for your loss. When someone suffers due to a healthcare provider’s negligence or mistakes, it is a case of medical malpractice.
This can mean that if you are given the wrong medication, improper treatment or the wrong surgery you may have a claim. This can also involve a prescription error, a medical procedure performed by mistake, or performed without the patient’s consent. If you are a victim of medical malpractice, you probably feel helpless and confused. But please don’t forget that you have rights, and you can consult an attorney for this.
When a medical professional fails to practice his/her medical duties, it is an act of medical malpractice. Our medical malpractice lawyers in Philadelphia assist such individuals in getting compensation.
Some of the ordinary incidents of medical malpractice cases are mentioned below:
- The injury occurred during the surgery.
- The wrong anaesthesia dosage was given to the patient.
- The doctor prescribed the wrong medication to the patient.
- He/ She fails to diagnose a medical condition that should have been recognizable by a medical professional.
- A patient catches an infection after the treatment or in the hospital.
- The doctor doesn’t inform the patient of the risks of the surgery or treatment’s consequences.
You can file a medical malpractice claim in all of the above conditions. You can speak to our expert medical malpractice lawyers in Philadelphia. Our team of experts will always review your application first and guide you on your case.
Basic Requirements For A Medical Malpractice Claim
You can file a claim for the same if you believe you are a victim of medical malpractice. In order to prove medical malpractice, you must have evidence to verify that the doctor’s negligent behavior caused your injuries. Additionally, the doctor may be responsible for your health condition or harm.
Proving medical malpractice claims is not that easy as it sounds. You should always consult a Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorney before considering the application. An attorney will review your application and fairly evaluate your case.
They will check if the basic requirements for medical malpractice claims are fulfilled or not. When proving a medical malpractice claim, here are a few things you will have to prove:
- A doctor-patient relationship
- Proving that the doctor was negligent
- The doctor’s negligence caused you injury or harm.
- The injury led to specific damages.
An essential element in medical malpractice claims is to prove that the doctor-patient relationship existed between you and your healthcare provider. It is the first step and also an important step. You cannot sue a doctor who just gave you a piece of advice.
It is essential to prove that there was a relationship and the doctor was treating you. If a physician were not treating you directly, you would not be able to sue them for the caused injury.
The next step is to prove that the doctor’s negligent behavior caused you the injury. You cannot sue a doctor just because you are unhappy with the results. The treatment is not in your favor cannot be the basis of your claim.
The doctor must have negligent care in treating you. Speak to medical malpractice attorneys to understand more about the Medical Standard of care.
After this, you will have to prove that the doctor’s negligent behavior caused an injury or harm. Our lawyers in Philadelphia for medical malpracticehave helped various individuals in getting their claims. It must be proved that because of the doctor’s negligence, the patient’s condition became worse. Or the patient suffered an additional injury because of the doctor.
It is essential to prove that the root cause of the damage is the doctor’s negligent behavior. Otherwise, you will not be able to get the claim. Our team of Personal Injury Lawyers will help you gather the evidence and get the compensation you deserve.
In order to recover, the injury must have led to or caused any harm to the patient. You will get compensation for the pain and suffering caused due to medical malpractice. Damages could include lost wages, additional medical costs, or even lost earning capacity.
What to do if you are a victim of medical malpractice?
- Medical malpractice can turn your life upside down. You can claim if the healthcare service provider’s negligence caused you other medical issues, injuries, or any other kind of damage. However, facing worse outcomes is not always negligence’s proof. This is why we have to take every step carefully when applying for a medical malpractice claim.
- Suppose your healthcare provider informed you about consequences after certain treatment, and due to the patient’s negligence, the condition worsened. In this case, you cannot file the claim because the medical practitioner performed his/her duties by informing you about treatment-related information.
- Insurance companies usually want to settle the claim in case of medical malpractice. This enables them to do this before all injuries are known to the victim. If they do this, the injured person will not be able to hire an attorney.
- Hiring an experienced medical malpractice attorney usually helps. You can get higher compensation that those who settled their case without a legal professional. It is crucial to note that our attorneys can help you avoid stress and save a lot of time regarding your claim. You can avoid all hassles that you face in applying for compensation on your own.
- In the U.S., each year, almost 200,000 patients die due to medical errors kill. Very few people end up getting what they deserve for their loss. Hence, your attorney should know about handling medical malpractice cases wisely.
Should I hire a Philadelphia Malpractice attorney when I face medical negligence?
- Experienced lawyers understand legal precedents and complex medical terminology. Your lawyer will represent you in court, handle the appropriate filings, compile expert testimony to support your case and clarify the occurrence of the negligence or error responsible for your injury.
- If you’ve lost a loved one, your lawyer can help so that you and your family is appropriately compensated for your loss. The Malpractice lawyers in Philadelphia can clarify your options and help you to collect damages.
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer Philadelphia will file a claim before deadline is missed– You should always consult a practitioner before applying. You must contact a Malpractice Attorney Philadelphia as soon as possible. Your injuries can worsen, affecting your ability to work or even to function. In most Pennsylvania cases, those injured by medical negligence have only two years under the statute of limitations to seek redress.
Contacting A Philadelphia Malpractice Attorney Should Be The First Step
When you have an experienced attorney by your side, he/she will review and evaluate your case with precision. This will help the attorney to know the extent of loss faced and can face in the future. In this way, they will claim for a sufficient amount to enable the entire family of the victim in managing their life essentials.
Right from validating malpractice-related facts, the statute of limitations, deadlines to file a lawsuit, securing pertinent medical records, to enquiring family members and friends, and many other needful steps, your attorney will do everything to see if the case is actionable or not.
Book a consultation with our experienced malpractice attorney in Philadelphia and know the best ways to win the claim.