Tractor Trailer Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in any tractor-trailer accident, you must be aware of how difficult it is to suffer through injuries, medical expenses, mental stress and other losses caused by such cases. In case you encounter a tractor trailer accident in Philadelphia and seek Philadelphia tractor trailer accident lawyer contact The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman. Philadelphia is among the top ten countries with most traffic-related fatalities in the state of Pennsylvania.
When it comes to accidents involving tractor trailer crashes, the losses are not the same as in the other accidents; It involves massive destruction, injuries and in some cases, even death. Truck accident cases are complicated as multiple parties are involved when it comes to claiming compensation for the losses. In such accident cases, a reputed and skilled Philadelphia tractor trailer accident lawyer is must to seek fair compensation for your losses.
If you are affected by any tractor trailer accident and looking for tractor trailer accident injury attorney in Philadelphia, here is what to need to know:
What to do if you have been injured in a tractor trailer accident?
If you have been injured in a tractor trailer accident, take the following step to protect your right to compensation:
- Trucking companies always have a team of attorney’s, insurers and investigators to protect their interest. As an injured person, don’t speak with trucking companies persons without consulting any tractor trailer accident injury attorney.
- Do not accept any compensation offer without consulting personal injury attorneys.
- Take your medical records, and make a written account of the accident.
- Consult a skilled Philadelphia tractor trailer accident lawyer for the case evaluation and your ability to pursue a legal claim.
What is the average compensation in tractor trailer accidents?
Tractor trailer claims are often settled at the high amount due to the great extent of damages and complex nature of losses. The average compensation amount depends upon the following factors:
- Financial loss: A person who has sustained damages in the accident can claim compensation for lost wages, medical bills, loss in earning capability, etc. If the accident causes permanent physical damage, then the economic loss might include the future care expenses of the injured.
- Compensation for intangible loss: Injured people can gain compensation for intangible losses such as physical pain, emotional anguish, physical pain. In the case of wrongful death or permanent damage to the victim, his family may gain compensation on the ground of loss of consortium.
- Degree of negligence & property damage: If the accident is caused by gross negligence, intention or reckless misconduct, then it makes the ground for punitive charges. Compensation also varies with the extent of property damage. In the case of irreparable severe damage to a vehicle, settlement may involve costs for the new vehicle.
The average amount of compensation is generally higher than typical car accidents, and it entirely depends on the factors we have discussed above.
Why do you need to consult a tractor trailer accident attorney?
A tractor trailer accident case essentially requires a tractor trailer accident attorney because it involves complex state and federal laws. A qualified tractor trailer accident law firm can help you by providing a skilled attorney to handle your case. The case may also involve multiple parties liable for the tractor trailer accident. The following can be the different parties liable for tractor trailer accident:
- The Government
- Manufacturer of the vehicle or its component
What role does a tractor trailer accident injury attorney play?
In tractor trailer accident cases, thorough investigation, opinion of witnesses, etc. plays a crucial role. Trucking companies are generally at the disposal of their investigators. The injured person must have someone to do the same, that is where attorneys play their role.
- They investigate the accident scene and take photographs of evidence.
- They determine the liable party for the victim’s injuries and file personal injury claims against multiple parties to demand fair compensation for the victim.
- They negotiate with the insurance companies on behalf of the victim.
- Attorneys can also prepare a case with the help of expert witnesses such as claim adjusters, actuaries and forensic accident constructors, etc, and can pursue the litigation to get maximum compensation for the victim.
In case you or any person you love, have been injured or sustain any losses in a tractor trailer accident, contact us to schedule a free consultation with our attorneys at the law offices of Samuel Fishman. We can help you to get maximum compensation for your losses.
Who is liable for tractor trailer accidents?
As per the PennDOT Report 2019, 1 out of every 45 people was involved in a traffic crash, and 1 out of every 12,089 are fatally injured in a traffic crash.
Tractor trailer accidents usually involve professional drivers, unlike regular licensed drivers.
Every driver on Philadelphia roadways must follow the standard duty of care, and professional drivers are held to a higher standard of care. In accident cases, courts will analyze the actions of tractor trailer drivers and declare their accountability in case any reckless activity is found or they fail to maintain the tractor trailer properly.
In the case of tractor trailer accidents, trucking companies, maintenance professionals, etc. may also be held accountable in addition to the driver.
What are the common causes of tractor trailer accidents in Philadelphia?
As per the PennDOT statistics in 2019, total crashes involving heavy trucks were 7,036 and out of which 122 hits involved fatal injuries. Every year due to various reasons and negligence, thousands of people get injured and sustain losses in different forms.
Majority of accidents happen due to the combined error of the driver and mechanical equipment malfunction. If we look at equipment malfunction wheel and tire-related issues including blow out etc are the most common issues which often led to accidents. The other common issues that cause tractor trailer accidents are an insecure trailer, failure of the steering system, powertrain failure and improper towing of cargo, etc.
In addition to equipment failure/malfunction and improper loading of cargo, there are many accidents which result due to the following factors:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving (i.e. use of phone while driving)
- Impaired driving (Drug or alcohol abuse)
- Failure to inspect brakes and tires
- Aggressive driving
- Over speeding, etc.
Contact an experienced Philadelphia tractor trailer accident lawyer at our office
At the law offices of Samuel Fishman, we offer a free consultation with an experienced and skilled attorney to help you get the fair compensation for your incurred losses and injuries.
We also negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies while you take care of your physical injuries. Once you hire an attorney, we also investigate the accident incident and talk to other experts on your behalf.
A tractor trailer attorney will not just represent you legally but also help you to get fair settlement for your losses such as physical injuries, loss of income, etc. An attorney is advisable to retain in tractor trailer accidents as these cases are complex in nature and involve various parties. To protect your right to fair settlement, you must contact a tractor trailer accident law firm to hire a legal attorney to take care of your case.