Most Reputed Personal Injury Lawyer Northeast Philadelphia Trusts
Personal injury is a legal concept referring to injuries as a result of another party’s actions. If you sustained injuries in an auto accident, sustained an injury at work or elsewhere, or became a victim of medical malpractice, you may benefit from contacting a personal injury attorney. A personal injury lawyer is a professional who specializes in personal injury law.
Personal injury is a legal concept referring to a type of tort in which a plaintiff, someone who brings a lawsuit, has suffered some type of injury, both physical and/or emotional, and is ready to sue a defendant, the responsible party who has allegedly caused some harm or injury. Personal injury cases can often be attributed to someone’s recklessness, negligence, and irresponsibility, as well as intentional misconduct and, in some cases, someone strictly liable.
Contact for a Free “Personal Injury Case” Evaluation
Over 25 Years Of Legal Experience.
Personal injury in the sense of bodily injury to others is often covered by liability insurance. Most businesses have so-called commercial general liability policies that are meant to protect these businesses in case a person gets injured on the business premises. Another type of insurance designed to compensate others for their injuries is auto insurance. Different states have different rules vis-a-vis auto insurance coverage, but generally, a driver’s liability insurance is there to compensate others whom the policy holder could have injured inadvertently.
Many driver’s liability insurance policies also contain special clauses that are meant to protect policyholders in case they become victims in an auto accident, involving uninsured or under insured motorists. Such insurance policy inclusions are meant to compensate the driver for injuries inflicted upon the driver by someone who does not have auto insurance, or the policy limits are too low and do not provide enough coverage to adequately compensate the injured party.
These accidents and mishaps can range from minor to devastating, and often receive the attention of personal injury attorneys. If you were hurt because of someone else, you may need a specialized Personal Injury Claim Lawyer. To file a personal injury claim, you can hire an expert in complex personal injury cases.
In negligence cases, a good personal injury lawyer includes all relevant damages and demands adequate compensation for his or her clients. To receive this compensation, the plaintiff and his or her attorney must generally prove all the elements of negligence, including the existing duty, breach, causation (both actual and proximate cause), and damages.
At the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, we know how to get fair compensation for our clients and address our clients’ questions and concerns.
We can help you with many types of injuries, resulting from:
Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers, Samuel Fishman
- When you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, many questions may run through your mind. You may wonder, “How will I pay for my medical expenses?” “What will happen when I am out of work?” and “Will I be able to recoup my lost wages?”
- With so many issues to address, many accident victims seek experienced lawyers. If you choose to hire a professional, you want an expert who understands your case and fights tirelessly to defend your rights.
Lawyer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling issues with insurance companies
- Pursuing fair compensation based on your losses
- Working to hold the at-fault party legally responsible (liable)
- Calculating out-of-pocket costs
- Determining all applicable damages, including those for pain and suffering
The extent of these responsibilities depends on many factors. Some attorneys may be able to assist with all of your paperwork and documentation. Your claim may already be strong and not require much additional evidence. In other cases, a lawyer may have to gather substantial information to prove your personal injury.
Your experience may also vary depending upon the stage at which you seek legal assistance. Some victims need help from the very beginning, others wait until they have become exasperated with an insurance company.
In many cases, an attorney may be able to offer guidance and support, and it is beneficial to hire an attorney right away, or at least call for an initial consultation. Many personal injury lawyers would be glad to offer a free initial consultation.
If the other party is negligent, your lawyer can work hard to establish this. Evidence should indicate that the other party did not act as reasonably expected, creating a hazard that led to your injury.
After Facing Personal Injury
- When an individual suffers an injury, many medical issues can arise. Hospitalization bills may accrue as a result. Medication costs can pile up. You may have to deal with issues in your health insurance coverage. You may even be so hurt, that you are unable to work.
- This loss of wages can be devastating to one’s family. Overall, an injury can completely disrupt one’s life and livelihood.
- Beyond financial and physical issues, psychological problems may also arise. Returning to normal life may sometimes seem almost impossible.
- Fortunately, filing a personal injury claim can help address many of these issues. However, without legal counsel, your likelihood of receiving compensation may decrease.
- The odds are often stacked against those who try to represent themselves without the assistance of an experienced attorney.
If you are facing injury due to someone else’s negligence, or ignorance, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. Search online for “Personal Injury Lawyer NEAR Me” to potentially get a free consultation. Oftentimes, it’s a good idea to get more than one consultation and choose an attorney that you are most comfortable with and who seems to have enough experience and dedication to effectively fight for your rights.
Understanding Legal Matters in Personal Injury Cases
- A professional attorney can make a significant difference. When a victim seeks counsel, options may open up. An experienced lawyer should know many rules, regulations, statutes and laws pertaining to your specific accident, injury and location.
- The assistance of a reliable attorney can be invaluable. Victims of accidents and mishaps may rest easier knowing they don’t have to worry about legalities.
- Simply put, a Personal Injury law attorney can be a game-changer. Qualified Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers may help you immensely.
We cannot overstate the value of a sound Personal Injury Law Firm
Personal injury claimants have a higher rate of success when they have a seasoned attorney representing them.
Top Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers can address your situation, whether it stems from a slip and fall, a dog bite, medical malpractice, a car accident, or any other type of injury.
What Is the Burden of Proof?
- The Burden of proof is the reason many claimants require an excellent personal injury expert.
- Personal injury cases are civil cases. In civil cases, the burden of proof is less than in criminal cases. In personal injury cases, the plaintiff, or injured party, must demonstrate that a defendant, or liable party, is at-fault by a “preponderance of the evidence.”
- This means that the claimant needs to prove that it is “more likely than not” that the defendant caused their injuries. Thus, if there is a 51% chance that the allegations made by the injured party are accurate, then the plaintiff can win.
- This also means that the defendant will try to cast doubt on the plaintiff’s allegations of the defendant’s fault. Thus, it is important to make sure that you share all relevant facts with your attorney. In order to successfully defend a personal injury claim, your attorney will need the evidence that could establish the defendant’s liability. Personal injury claimants must be careful: satisfying this evidentiary burden may require a full disclosure of all the pertinent details of the accident to his or her attorney to fully develop the case.
- In other words, personal injury lawsuits are won through compelling evidence of wrongdoing. If the judge, jury, an arbitration panel or insurance adjuster is not convinced that the plaintiff was injured due to the defendant, the plaintiff may lose. An excellent personal injury lawyer can demonstrate this by a preponderance of the evidence.
- Victims should also seek law firms and attorneys with top track records. Certain law firms specialize in personal injury law. These law firms have obtained countless settlements and have won numerous jury trials.
- Compensation amounts may be substantial in certain cases. A top injury law firm may represent severely injured clients in incredibly complex and nuanced cases. A top track record will indicate the level of success a law firm maintains.
What are the Roles of Philadelphia Injury Lawyers In a Case?
Personal Injury Lawyers perform numerous duties. Attorneys can file complaints and represent your lawsuit in front of the court. They can draw on expert testimonies and evidence to strengthen your lawsuit. A Philadelphia lawyer may even contact additional professionals to further examine the details of your case.
A committed Injury Attorney will fight tirelessly for your legal rights.
There are several things an injury lawyer can do:
- A professional Injury Lawyer In Philadelphia PA may talk to and interview the injured person and his or her family members. This is done to understand the case in more detail. This also helps the lawyer in deciding the next best step for pursuing compensation.
- Your attorney can depose the opposing party, and obtain expert medical depositions needed to support your case.
- A personal injury attorney should be meticulous and careful at every step of the process. From identifying pertinent issues to conducting exhaustive research, a good lawyer knows what has to be done.
- Ethical attorneys follow a strict code of conduct. Following legal ethics and executing a good legal strategy are the hallmark of a trustworthy and talented attorney.
- A Philadelphia Personal Injury Law Firm, like The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, PC understands these guidelines. At our offices, we evaluate every client’s legal issues with care. Our legal team maintains confidentiality while advocating on behalf of our clients. Protecting your interests is a priority.
Handling Personal Injury Cases with Experienced Attorneys!
- An experienced personal injury attorney may handle each case differently. Slip and fall injuries are different from dog bites or medical malpractice cases. There are many types of personal injury cases. Each case requires a close examination of its setting, situation, and circumstances.
- If you hire a reputed personal injury accident attorney, they will aggregate all the necessary evidence. By presenting a comprehensive set of facts, an accident lawyer can help win your case in a timely fashion.
- Unfortunately, many personal injury attorneys may be inexperienced and thus inadequate. Certain personal injury lawyers do not have track records of success. Some injury attorneys are merely mediocre. When making a decision on who to hire, it’s important to ask a lot of questions during your initial consultation. It could help you form your own opinion of a personal injury attorney when he or she addresses your questions.
Why Is Having a Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer Important?
- It is never a bad idea to have a reputed personal injury attorney at your side. If you were involved in an auto accident in Philadelphia, and/or sustained some kind of an injury at your workplace, some business premises, or elsewhere, you would want to retain an attorney who tried numerous cases and represented many clients in Philadelphia.
- It’s important because your attorney needs to know the procedure specifically relevant to handling cases in Philadelphia. Our injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman are highly experienced and have handled thousands of complex personal injury cases in Philadelphia. Our personal injury lawyer Philadelphia can provide you with the necessary guidance and help you understand if you have a case.
- As mentioned earlier, not all injuries are actionable under the law. Thus, you should consult a personal injury lawsuit expert to learn what can be done in your situation. If a case like yours should be taken to court, arbitration, or simply settled with your insurance company, our attorneys will do everything possible to get you fair compensation for your injuries.