Looking for A Philadelphia Auto Accident Lawyer?
One of the first steps of owning and operating a vehicle is getting the vehicle insured. Driving a vehicle without car insurance is illegal. Although, this Choosing the right car insurance plan can get tricky. Here are a few things to consider when purchasing auto insurance.
Vehicle insurance is insurance for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles. Its primary use is to provide financial protection against physical damage or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise from incidents in a vehicle. Vehicle insurance may additionally offer financial protection against theft of the vehicle, and against damage to the vehicle sustained from events other than traffic collisions.
An experienced Philadelphia Auto Accident Lawyer can tremendously help you with the proper consultation. When you get involved in an accident and either you or the other party get seriously injured, contacting a lawyer is one of the most important things you can do. A lawyer will walk you through your case and help you receive the compensation that you need to pay for medical bills, or any other monetary expenses associated with your accident.
Choice No-Fault Car Insurance – This lets buyers of car insurance choose the kind of coverage they want when they first purchase their policy. After a car accident, you have to file a case following your own personal injury protection coverage. This will financially assist you to pay medical bills, and other medical expenditures regardless if you were at fault or not.
- Modified Comparative Fault State-Pennsylvania is a modified comparative fault state. This means that the person who is responsible for 50% or more of the accident, will not be entitled to any benefits. This law enables insurance companies and adjusters to evaluate your case. An expert will calculate the responsibility aspect and find out who is solely responsible for the accident and ensure that the at-fault party does not receive any benefits. The victims will be the only party that receive benefits.
- Philadelphia Auto Accident Status of Limitations- This law states that a person only has a specific amount of time to file a lawsuit. If you happen to go beyond the time frame, your case will be dismissed by the judge.
The Auto Accident Status of Limitations is imposed in states like Pennsylvania because the number of auto accident cases involving personal injury is overwhelming.
How Long is The Time Frame?
The lawsuit must be filed within two years. The period of two years will be started from the date of the accident. However, in the case of death, a period of two years will be calculated from the occurrence of death, which may not be the same as the date of the accident. If a death occurs as a result of the accident, but the person did not die until 2 months after the accident happened, the period of two years will only begin on the date of the persons death. To get professional help and all other inquiries regarding your accident, contact a Philadelphia Auto Accident Attorney.
What Should You Do If You Are Involved in an Auto Accident?
If you are involved in an accident, here are a few things that you must do.
Do Not Leave the Scene of an Accident : No matter what happens, do not leave the scene of the accident. If you do so, the case of a hit and run will be imposed on you. Always stay at the scene of the accident until police arrive and ensure both parties are not severely injured. Stop immediately to exchange information and to offer assistance.
Report the Accident : If you have been a part of an auto accident, the best thing to do is to report the accident to the police. If there is no significant loss, exchange information with the other driver(s) for future communication. When exchanging information, you must write down the important aspects of the accident and all other salient information about the other party involved as well.
Take Note of Evidence at the Scene
After an accident, take note of the following information.
- Vehicle number of the other car(s) involved, contact details of the driver and owner of the car
- Insurance details of the other car owner
- Details of passengers and injuries at the scene
- Take a note of the road condition and the weather
- Seek contact details of witnesses at the accident scene
- Name and badge number of the law officer who has addressed the accident
- Take pictures of the accident scene that shows all the damage of both vehicles
- Check and see if there were any security cameras around that recorded the accident
- Check and see if you or the other party had a dashcam that recorded the accident
An experienced Auto Accident Lawyer Philadelphia PA residents trust will help you analyze the case based on this information. Failure to obtain images, information or other important aspects of the accident can be detrimental and could potentially prevent you from receiving benefits. It is extremely important that you know all of the above information in order to properly handle an accident and get the compensation you deserve.
Why Do You Need an Auto Accident Lawyer?
After an accident has occurred, you may be frazzled and may not be thinking straight. You may be unaware of what to do at that time. In such a case, seek legal help from an Auto Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia PA.
While auto accidents can be demanding, insurance companies and other party claims make it more complex. They can greatly throw a wrench into things and try to get you in and out fast. Getting the help from a lawyer could ensure you get the maximum compensation from your auto accident.
Consult an Auto Accident Lawyer Philadelphia PA residents trust.
The following are important aspects to keep in mind after an accident has occurred.
Calculate the Damages- An auto accident injury lawyer will calculate the total worth of your claim. They will calculate factors such as medical bills, missed wages, daily expenditure, and more. After judging these factors, a Philadelphia car accident Attorney will give you a rough idea of what you can expect as compensation.
Safeguard Your Compensation Interest from Insurance Companies- Following an accident, insurance companies and adjusters start following up with victims to settle their cases in low terms. Under mental pressure, poor health, and monetary disabilities, victims mostly choose their offers. A good lawyer can bring you the right compensation you deserve.
Let A Lawyer Handle All of Your Legal Liabilities- There are many things you must deal with following an auto accident. Poor health, loss of wages, decreasing financial stability and a lot more. In such a scenario the victim can’t support the lawsuit by themselves. A professional and sympathetic Philadelphia Auto Accident Lawyer will be the best person to take care of your legal needs.
The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman offer legal assistance for auto accident cases. Their highly experienced team of attorneys has gathered extensive knowledge of automobile accidents over the years. Contact them immediately if you have recently been in an accident or keep their contact information on you just in case.
At Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, we will evaluate your case as fast as we can and suggest ways to strengthen your case. We will do everything we can to help you with your case and walk you through the whole process.
Take a look at our client reviews. They will tell you about our success story’s at work and our approach towards dealing with cases over the years. Our client list is growing every year which is a clear indication of satisfied dealings.
If you have been a victim of an auto accident in Philadelphia, do not hesitate to consult a lawyer. The longer you wait, the less chance there is that you will be successful in getting the compensation that is rightfully yours.
What Caused the Accident?
The following are some of the most common causes of auto accidents.
- Distracted Driving- Talking on the phone, texting, or anything on the phone while driving is some of the obvious distractions, but your co-passengers can also be a big distraction. It has been estimated that 9% of total road accidents are caused by distracted driving.
- Driving Under the Influence- Driving under the influence is the crime or offense of driving or operating a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol or other drugs, to a level that renders the driver incapable of operating a motor vehicle safely. Driving while under the influence of alcohol is a horrible yet common cause of accidents.
- Exceeding the Speed Limit- Drivers usually go beyond the speed limit on highways and in rural areas with less traffic.
- Driving mistakes- Making a last-minute turn going too fast or forgetting to put on your turn signal are minor mistakes that can be deadly. Other mistakes include not turning your headlights on at night, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign and ignoring school zone signs on weekends.
The best way to avoid an accident is to obey the traffic rules and be a sensible driver. Wearing a seatbelt, paying attention to the road and those around you, and ensuring that you follow the speed limits and all other safety precautions on the road are very basic ways to prevent an accident. Contact an Auto Injury Attorney Philadelphia residents can rely on for all of your auto accident needs.
Here are a Few Tips to Help Avoid A Fatal Auto Accident
Mindful driving is the best way to avoid an Auto Accident. The following safety road tips will help save you from fatal accidents.
- Seat belts- Seat belts are one of the most essential components to help avoid serious injuries during a car accident. Make sure you fasten your seat belt while driving.
- Child Safety Seat- While traveling with a child, you must carry a child safety seat. Read the child safety seat laws for Pennsylvania to ensure the safety of your child.
- Airbags-According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, all passenger vehicles manufactured after 1999 will contain airbags to protect the driver and passenger in the front seat. It has been studied that with the help of airbags and seat belts, fatal accidents can be restricted up to 45%.
- Motorcycle Helmet- Motorcycles are dangerous and operating one must include the correct safety precautions. Most states make it illegal to operate a motorcycle without the use of a helmet. Wearing a helmet is the best thing a motorcyclist can do to save their life.
What Are the Expenses of Hiring an Auto Accident Lawyer?
You will be happy to know that most attorneys offer services on a contingency basis. In such a case, the lawyer does not charge you until the case is solved. Lessen your financial burden and mental stress as you hire a Philadelphia Auto Accident Attorney for your auto accident case.
Contact the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman and our team of attorneys will evaluate your case. Pay a visit to our office or book an appointment with our seasoned law officers to find a solution for your auto accident.