AUGUST 21, 2013 BY CARL J. D’ADAMO, ESQUIRE
Nursing home neglect is ongoing and ever increasing epidemic. One form of nursing home neglect that we are seeing more and more often is patient on patient assault. This occurs when a patient harms another patient due to the failure of the nursing home to provide adequate supervision. The law requires that a nursing home provide your loved ones with proper supervision and steps to prevent injuries and harm caused by one patient to another patient. If you know or suspect that your loved one is being assaulted or harmed in any way, you must contact the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman immediately!
WHAT TYPES OF ASSAULT MAY OCCUR?
Assault can occur in many different forms including, but not limited to, the following:
- Physical attack
- Sexual assault
- Mental abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Improper conduct
Certain signs that you should look for can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Red marks
- Torn clothing
- Calling for help
YOUR LOVED ONES PROTECTED YOU. NOW ITS YOUR TURN TO PROTECT THEM!
If you or your loved one has suffered from suspected abuse at a nursing home, then you should contact the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman immediately. Our office will set up a FREE consultation to discuss all aspects of your situation. We will go over all of the facts of your case and set up a plan for how we can help. We will also take steps to help protect the evidence necessary to pursue your claim, which may include:
- Obtaining pictures of the abuse/injuries. (We always suggest that you start taking pictures immediately upon any suspicion that a nursing home neglect situation has occurred)
- Obtaining the documentation of supervision, or lack thereof, by the nursing home
- Obtaining the medical records of the injured person
- Examining his or her medical history
- Examining his or her daily routine
- Determining if video exists of the suspected abuse
- Determining if there are any witnesses
- Inquiring into whether they were properly cared for, including whether appropriate support was given to the patient
- Determining any additional complications that may have occurred as the result of the nursing home’s improper care
At the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, we take pride in providing individualized and personal service to each and every one of our clients. We will do the same for you and your loved one. And, as always, our services are provided with our No Fee Guarantee. This means that you will never pay a single fee unless and until we recover money for you and your loved one. There is no reason for delay. The doctors, nurses, and medical facilities have insurance companies and attorneys working for them. You should too. Contact the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman today for your FREE consultation.
Call The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman TODAY! 215-464-4600
FILED UNDER: ELDER CARE