Unfortunately, as a person ages, their bones tend to become more susceptible to injury. Many times, elderly people suffer broken bones, including a broken hip, as the result of the negligence of a nursing home. The law requires that a nursing home work to help prevent these types of injuries from occurring toyour loved ones. If your loved one is experiencing or has experienced broken bones, and you suspect that a nursing home is to blame, you must contact the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman immediately!
HOW DO BROKEN BONES OCCUR?
Broken bones occur when more pressure is put on a bone than it can withstand. Certain factors at nursing homes can cause broken bones or contribute to their occurrence. There can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Allowing a patient to walk on a slippery surface
- Allowing a patient to fall
- Allowing a patient to attempt to walk alone despite their inability to do so
- Slip and fall
- Trip and fall
- Inappropriate footwear
It is especially important for a nursing home to take extra precaution with people who are unable to walk on their own. These people are at enhanced risk for injury because, if they are if left to themselves, they are bound to fall while attempting to walk. When an elderly person falls onto a hard nursing home floor, an injury is likely to occur.
WHO IS AT HIGH RISK?
There are many types of persons who are deemed at “high-risk” to have broken bones. These people include, but are not limited to:
- Older people
- People with Osteoporosis
- People who are female
- People with a family history of weak bones
- People who have low body weight
- People who are small and thin
- People of certain races and ethnicities
- Women after menopause
YOUR LOVED ONES PROTECTED YOU. NOW ITS YOUR TURN TO PROTECT THEM!
If you or your loved one has suffered broken bones at a nursing home, then you should contact the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman immediately. Our office will set up a FREE consultation to discuss all aspects of your situation. We will go over all of the facts of your case and set up a plan for how we can help. We will also take steps to help protect the evidence necessary to pursue your claim, which may include:
- Obtaining pictures of the injuries. (We always suggest that you start taking pictures immediately upon any suspicion that a nursing home neglect situation has occurred)
- Obtaining the medical records of the injured person
- Examining his or her medical history
- Obtaining pictures of the problem that caused the patient to fall
- Inquiring into whether they received enough food and fluids
- Inquiring into whether they were properly cared for, including whether appropriate support was given to the patient
- Determining any additional complications that may have occurred as the result of the nursing home’s improper care
At the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, we take pride in providing individualized and personal service to each and every one of our clients. We will do the same for you and your loved one. And, as always, our services are provided with our No Fee Guarantee. This means that you will never pay a single fee unless and until we recover money for you and your loved one. There is no reason for delay. The doctors, nurses, and medical facilities have insurance companies and attorneys working for them. You should too. Contact the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman today for your FREE consultation.