New Jersey Personal Injury Law Firm
Although our futures may be unpredictable, we can always try to protect ourselves from accidents. Unfortunately, some accidents are simply unavoidable. Many of these accidents happen in crowded, chaotic places.
As a hub of modernization, New Jersey is home to numerous accidents reported each day. The majority of these accidents are caused due to the negligence of other parties.
For example, a person working in a factory may be involved in an accident due to a faulty machine. If this is the case, the factory owner could be held liable for the accident. The reason is simple. The owner failed to keep the company’s machinery well maintained. Or perhaps, the company lacked proper safety measures.
In cases like this, the injured person may file a lawsuit to claim personal injuries, possibly in his or her workers’ compensation case.
A Personal Injury Attorney New Jersey who can help with negligence cases.
What Is A Personal Injury?
When a person is involved in an accident and someone else may be legally responsible (liable), the person might have a personal injury case. Personal injury may include, but is not limited to physical difficulties as well as other emotional pains and losses.
In a common scenario, the insurance company of the other party responsible for the accident may have to pay for these various losses. In many personal injury cases, the two main concepts in this regard are negligence, and its element, damages.
- Negligence: In simple terms, negligence occurs when a victim endures an accident due to the irresponsibility of another party. Examples include distracted driving, slips and falls, dog bites, and more. In such cases, a negligent party may be held liable for the accident, and his or her insurance company may have to pay for the claim.
- Damages: This term refers to any losses you are compensated for that stem from your injury. The damages could compensate you for your pain and suffering, lost wages and medical bills. The damages could be putative when they aren’t meant to compensate you for your losses and injuries, but rather punish the party at fault.
Some common damages people can get compensated for include the following:
- Medical bills
- Potential medical costs, including ongoing or future health treatment
- Compensation for lost wages
- Pain and suffering caused by the accident
In some cases, you may suffer from depression or emotional breakdown as a result of personal injury. If so, you may be entitled to adequate compensation for these issues along with your injuries as well.
A Personal Injury Lawyer NJ deserves should be able to help you pursue adequate compensation for many of the losses discussed in the above. In fact, at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, we have been serving personal injury clients for decades. Our lawyers know how to talk to insurance companies and insist on adequate compensation for our clients.
However, it is important to understand that oftentimes, your compensation depends on many factors, including but not limited to the severity of the injuries you suffered, the insurance limits, as well as the percentage of liability.
Types of Personal Injury
There are many types of personal injuries that may need to be addressed. When you consult a Jersey City Personal Injury Attorney, you can learn more about your specific case. There are different types of personal injury.
Medical Negligence- What if when you visit a doctor or hospital to get better, you actually get worse? The negligence of a doctor, medical practitioner, or hospital can be the reason you’re worse. Unsanitary conditions, medical malpractice, or negligence from a doctor can all be life threatening, or even fatal.
The common types of medical malpractices are:
Misdiagnosis of a serious disease and/or wrongful treatment
- Delayed diagnosis which leads to severe health conditions
- Infection due to unsanitary practices by the doctor or hospital
- Negligence of hospital and/or doctor which can cause severe injuries
Auto Accident –This is the most common type of personal injury addressed by a Personal Injury Lawyer Jersey City NJ specialist. The most prevalent kinds of auto accidents that lead to injuries include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Hit and run cases
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and Fall Injury
- Cyclist accidents
- Truck accidents
- Dog Bite Injury
- and many others…
Premises Liability- If you visit a house or a shopping mall and you slip and fall, the homeowner or the shop owner can be held responsible under premises liability laws. Generally, the premise owner is held responsible for your personal injury.
Dog Bites – Dog bites can be serious, leading to severe wounds or disfigurement. This is why you may consider hiring a Personal Injury Attorney New Jersey trusts. You may be entitled to compensation from the insurance company of the dog owner.
Inadequate Safety at Work Premises – While working in a factory or on a site, workers may face serious injuries. If it is proven that the accident took place due to inadequate safety measures in the workplace, then the company owner can be sued by your New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney.
When Should You Seek Legal Help?
- The first step you must take after facing a personal injury is to seek proper medical treatment. Visit a doctor and treat your injuries. If you delay in your treatment, even a simple injury may lead to more severe pain and loss.
- The next step can be contacting a proficient New Jersey Personal Injury Law Firm. They can assist you in protecting your legal rights.
- However, there is a Statute of Limitations in filing a claim. Put simply, you have limited time to file your personal injury case after the incident. This time limit varies from place to place. A Personal Injury Lawyer NJ specialist can explain this in more detail.
- If you’re unsure if you need legal assistance, a specialized law firm can typically advise you during an initial consultation.
Why Should You Approach a Specialized Personal Injury Law Firm in New Jersey?
- A law firm may contain various lawyers with expert knowledge and experience in different areas. It is often better to approach a law firm that specializes in this specific area of law. Also, sometimes your case may benefit from a joint input from more than one lawyer, and choosing a firm that has several attorneys could be beneficial.
- Once you find the right law firm, you want to make sure that you chose a Personal Injury Lawyer NJ trusts. It’s beneficial when your attorneys have years of successful experience in the specific area of personal injury law that applies to your case.
- A Lawyer can leverage this experience and expertise to build a strong case for your claim. This, in turn, may increase the likelihood of you winning compensation.
- When you approach The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, we offer dedicated service of a knowledgeable New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney. With decades of experience in the same field, we can help clients recover compensation for the damages they have incurred. Our lawyers have seen a variety of different cases and understand the process.
- In fact, all laws, rules, and regulations differ. Codes pertaining to various types of accidents are not always the same. Liability may be assigned differently, depending on the circumstances of the accident.
- This is why you need an attorney who understands your specific situation. At the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, we keep up to date with changes in the law. We recognize that the law is complex, and we’re here to help with your injury claim.
Contact us today and we can provide a free and confidential personal injury consultation with our seasoned Personal Injury Lawyer Jersey City NJ can offer. Give us a call!