A dog bite injury can take months or years to recover from. Have you ever encountered any such accident? The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman have experienced Philadelphia Dog Bite Attornies to help with such accidents.
We are a reputed law firm, specializing in handling a vast number of personal injury cases. Not all dog bite injury cases in Philadelphia can be taken to court. So, if you faced a dog bite injury, it is a wise choice to consult our lawyers to understand your eligibility for compensation.
An Experienced Philadelphia Dog Bite Injury Attorney
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) states that millions of people are bitten by dogs every year. In other words, dog bite incidents are fairly common in the United States, with Philadelphia being no exception. In some cases, these ‘bites’ can actually be violent attacks which are very painful and emotionally disturbing. Some even lead to serious injury and disfigurement.
In fact, the Science Daily News recently reported that one percent of all visits to the emergency room are the result of dog bites. About 44,000 of those dog attacks caused facial injuries. Reconstructive surgery was required for two-thirds of those victims.
Children between five and nine years old are common victims of dog bites. They’re more likely to be bitten in the neck and head, and they frequently require medical treatment. After the wounds have been treated, the question of legal responsibility can be addressed. Dog bite victims may be entitled to collect compensation for pain and suffering, medical costs, physical disfigurement, loss of income, and more.
Contacting Your Philadelphia Dog Bite Attorney
Dog bites may be covered by personal injury laws. If you were bitten, contacting a Philadelphia Dog Bite Lawyer is a great way to learn about your rights. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Cases and circumstances vary, and professional dog bite lawyers can assess the merits of your case on an individual basis.
The following factors affect the amount of compensation you may receive if you or your loved one was attacked by a dog:
- Where the attack took place
- How old the dog was at the time of the incident
- Whether the dog has a history of biting people
- The age of the victim
- Whether the dog is current on its vaccinations
The laws concerning dog bites vary from state to state. A dog bite case in Philadelphia is different than one in San Diego. In some states, there is the one-bite rule wherein owners are not liable unless the dog has a history of biting. Pennsylvania uses both case history and laws to assign responsibility.
- For this reason, it’s important to consult an experienced Philadelphia Injury Attorney who has a history of handling dog bite cases in the area.
- Pennsylvania laws provide compensation for attack victims and penalties for the owners of vicious dogs based on the extent of the injuries. Minor injuries are only compensated by reimbursing medical expenses. Victims with more serious injuries are entitled to receive additional compensation.
- Pennsylvania law no longer recognizes the one-bite statute, meaning that an owner can now be held liable even if the dog doesn’t have a history. Numerous other states have also dropped that law because it did not consider the variables of each situation. Moreover, certain breeds were penalized more if they were considered more likely to attack.
- Owner negligence and the circumstances of the attack must also come into play when assigning responsibility.
A good way to pursue fair compensation is to consult a qualified Philadelphia Dog Bite Lawyer. Feel free to consult a personal injury law expert about your dog bite today.
Common Questions about Dog Bite Injury Claims
Not all Dog bite cases can be taken to court. It can become very complex to handle, as the injuries can cause a lot of different kinds of trouble. The law says that the dog owner has to take care of his/her pet. If his/her negligence caused someone to face a dog bite injury, then they are liable to pay for your losses.
Our personal injury attorneys have in-depth knowledge of dog bite law and can help you excel in getting compensation for your losses in such accidents.
Well, time can’t be defined because every dog bite case is different. It can take months for some, and maybe years for others. It is always better to file your case with an experienced dog bite injury lawyer because they can help you avoid mistakes in the legal process. They do everything to fight for your rights and try to win the case as soon as possible.
It is the dog owner’s responsibility to keep his/her pet in a leash when they are in a public place. If they ignore their responsibility, and the dog bites someone, their negligence is still to blame.