Our Experience Car Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh
“The Law Offices of Samuel Fishman is Simply the Best! I was injured when I was hit by a car in a parking lot in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. From the moment that I entered their office, I knew that I was in capable hands that would pursue my case with the highest of professionalism.
Throughout the process, I was kept informed about my case and the attorneys always took significant time to prepare me for depositions and court appearances.
Samuel Fishman and his staff also thoroughly investigated my case and sought out only the best experts to represent my interests. In the end, I obtained a sizable settlement that was only made possible by Samuel Fishman, Esquire, and his staff.
I cannot say enough about Sam as a person or as a lawyer. I give the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman my full recommendation! I would not hesitate to call Sam in the future if I ever need his services again!
Eight Things to Remember After an Car Accident in Pittsburgh
After an car accident, there are eight simple things that you should keep in mind to protect both your safety and personal security.
- For safety reasons, move the vehicle to the side of the road. This should help avoid additional accidents being caused by a blocked road.
- Call 9-1-1 as soon as possible to have an ambulance and police respond. In certain situations, police are sometimes not required to respond at the scene if there are no reported injuries. If this is the case, make sure you file a police report later on, and keep a copy for your records.
- If there are non-serious injuries, take initial pictures of the accident scene with a camera or cell phone camera.
- ake photographs of the vehicles involved in the accident including the license plates.
- Ensure that all relevant vehicle and insurance information is available in the vehicle.
- Exchange information and insurance info with everyone else involved. Make sure you get the contact information and vehicle details like make, model, and license plate number.
- Do not, under any circumstances, provide a written or taped statement to any insurance adjuster. Insurance companies have been known to record statements and use them against drivers later on.
- Contact an attorney, such as the experienced team at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman as soon as you are sure no one’s health is at risk. This will ensure that evidence that may be required is quickly collected and preserved.
Fatal Accident Statistics for Pittsburgh, PA
Thankfully, fatal accidents in Pittsburgh are on a downward trend over the last several years. However, the overall number of accidents is still far too high.
Often times, as shown in the stats below, fatal accidents have been linked to drunk driving. A 2009 PA study showed that roughly 11% of motorcyclists involved in a vehicle accident had consumed alcohol at the time of their accident.
There was also over 120 DUI arrests made in Pittsburgh in 2010 alone. Below are the statistics for fatal accidents in Pittsburgh from 2004 – 2009 (the latest year available via the National Highway Safety Administration (visit the NHSTA site here).
Fatal Accidents: 17
Number of Vehicles Involved in Fatal Accidents: 24
People Involved in Fatal Accidents: 39
Number of Fatal Accidents Caused by Drunk Drivers: 4
Number of Vehicles Involved in Fatal Accidents:18
People Involved in Fatal Accidents:28
Number of Fatal Accidents Caused by Drunk Drivers:3
Fatal Accidents: 22
Number of Vehicles Involved in Fatal Accidents: 37
People Involved in Fatal Accidents: n/a
Number of Fatal Accidents Caused by Drunk Drivers: n/a
Fatal Accidents: 24
Number of Vehicles Involved in Fatal Accidents: 44
People Involved in Fatal Accidents: 72
Number of Fatal Accidents Caused by Drunk Drivers: 10
Fatal Accidents: 26
Number of Vehicles Involved in Fatal Accidents: 38
People Involved in Fatal Accidents: 65
Number of Fatal Accidents Caused by Drunk Drivers: 12
Fatal Accidents: 23
Number of Vehicles Involved in Fatal Accidents: 28
People Involved in Fatal Accidents: 48
Number of Fatal Accidents Caused by Drunk Drivers: 13