Being involved in a car accident is one of the most stressful life events that a person can experience. Regardless of how carefully someone drives, taking all possible safety precautions even before putting the key in the ignition, some car accidents are impossible to avoid. In the U.S., an estimated ten million motor vehicle accidents occur each year.
Whether someone experiences an incident with serious injuries or just a minor “fender bender,” accidents can be traumatic for all parties involved. Certain actions must be taken to preserve the rights of all people injured in automobile accidents.
Contact the Pennsylvania Car Accident Lawyers at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman today and know the best way to handle it. For over 20 years, we have been providing representation to victims injured in car accidents. Our representation is focused on providing personal injury victims with high quality and attentive personal customer service.
What are the most common reasons behind car accidents & recommended steps for a car wreck victim?
- There can be numerous reasons behind a car wreck. Following driving and traffic rules, car seat laws, and knowing right steps after an accident can help you stay away from a lot of trouble.
- According to a report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motor vehicle accidents result in almost 5,000 fatalities and hundreds of injuries every year.
- Safeguard ourselves, and our family members, we must know steps that can keep us away from car accidents.
Common causes of car accidents in the United States includes-
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Wrong-Way Driving/ Improper Turns
- Teenage Drivers
- Reckless Driving
- Running Red Lights
- Night Driving
- Driving under the influence of Drugs
- Design Defects
Steps should be taken right after a car wreck
Taking certain measures in advance can help ensure that the injured party is safe and better prepared for any potential litigation.
Remain safe by moving the vehicle to the side of the road and staying nearby. This will get the occupants out of the way of oncoming traffic, thereby avoiding further damage to the vehicle and potential injury to the driver or passengers. You must have someone who knows about car seat laws at Pennsylvania by your side.
- Call 9-1-1 for ambulance and police. In some locations, the police might not be obligated to come to the scene of an accident with no injuries. In this case, one should file a police report at the station and obtain a copy later. It is essential to keep this document for one’s own reference and future consultation with a car accident attorney.
- In serious accidents, an emergency kit containing cones or flares can be helpful. At the very least, car owners should keep pens and paper, as well as a camera or cell phone, available to document the car accident.
- Take photographs of the vehicles involved in the accident, including the license plates.
- Check to see that all relevant vehicle and insurance documents are in the car. Consult them for advice on what to do in case of an accident.
- Exchange information with anyone else involved in the motor vehicle accident. This includes personal contact information and vehicle details such as make, model, and license plate. If there are any witnesses, talk to them and obtain their names and numbers for later follow-up.
- DO NOT provide a written or tape-recorded statement to any insurance adjuster who represents the other driver who caused the collision. You must assume that the insurance company will record your statement and use it against you at a later date.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Pennsylvania as soon as possible so that the evidence required to win your case can be quickly collected and preserved.
- Those involved in an accident should not attempt to take the Pennsylvania Car Accident Laws into their own hands, such as making a verbal agreement without filing a written police report. In most cases, it is a good idea to go on record with a police report, especially for insurance purposes.
It would help if you also documented physical injuries with photographs and a medical report. Sometimes agreements between the parties fall through, and if too much time has passed, it may be more challenging to file a claim with the insurance company.
Is it worth hiring Car Accident Lawyer Pennsylvania?
Many people believe that after sustaining severe injuries in a car accident, they don’t need a lawyer. If you have suffered any car accident, and facing many circumstances due to it, then applying for social security benefits can benefit you in many ways. It is advisable to have an experienced attorney by your side to assist in getting sufficient compensation for the loss.
Most of the experienced attorneys can evaluate the case and can tell you the possibilities to get the compensation. If you are eligible, then they assist in every step until you receive the compensation amount.
Recover compensation for following needs becomes easy if you have an experienced attorney by your side:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Long-term care
- Pain and sufferings
- Lost earning capacity
You can schedule a free consultation and discuss all the details about your accident. Consult our Pennsylvania car accident attorneys immediately if you have suffered injuries in an accident. You will get personalized recommendations for the unique facts surrounding your accident.
Our legal team is known to all Pennsylvania Car Accident Laws and hence can assist you in every step. We will represent you zealously to obtain the compensation you deserve!
Our Car Accident Articles & Resources