Experienced Legal Counsel for Car Accident Cases in Bucks County
According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) data, about six million motor accidents occur each year in the United States. As a result of these accidents, 36,096 people died in the U.S. in the year 2019. According to official data by Penndot, a total of 6,236 crashes occurred in Bucks County in 2019.
The NHTSA has revealed an estimated report for 2020, which projects a significant increase in the fatality rate. These numbers show how many people suffer from motor vehicle accidents every year. Bucks County is a no-fault state, meaning an injured person’s insurance policy provides coverage for medical expenses and other economic harms, like lost wages, regardless of who was at fault for the accident. Passengers involved in an accident would similarly collect insurance from the driver’s policy. There may be limitations on seeking compensation from another driver in Pennsylvania that will depend on the type of insurance policy you purchase.
All drivers and passengers should adhere to the Seat Belt Law in PA, and drivers should also carry insurance on their own vehicles in Bucks County. Vehicle owners are provided two options for insurance coverage in Pennsylvania. One option is referred to as limited tort, while the other is referred to as full tort. If you purchase the limited tort option, damages will be limited to compensation for economic harms like medical expenses and lost wages, but you will not be able to claim non-economic damages for things like pain and emotional suffering. Purchasing the full tort option allows you to retain the right to seek additional damages in a personal injury lawsuit. The limited tort option is often less expensive than the full tort option, which is why some consumers prefer it. A car accident lawyer Bucks County will help you understand when you can file a lawsuit for a car accident.
You can sustain serious injuries during an accident. Your body may be severely harmed and your vehicle badly damaged. While car repairs can be costly, injuries may be even more problematic, landing you in a hospital for days, weeks, or even months.
Although most people avoid serious injuries, some injuries may develop from minor to severe over time. Many victims do not see any sign of apparent injury immediately after an accident, only to discover it later after the initial shock wears off. It is common for health issues related to a motor vehicle accident to develop over time. Moreover, the economic impact of a physical injury can be devastating. The cost of vehicle repairs and medical treatments can financially exhaust your savings quickly. Lost work and wages can put added stress on you and your loved ones as money continues to go be paid out. Fortunately, there is help. If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
Whether you have experienced something as simple as a road rash injury or another more significant injury, an experienced lawyer may help you recover compensation for all kinds of auto accident-related losses. A seasoned attorney can analyze the nature and severity of your injuries, expenses, and other damages. Your legal representatives can help you handle paperwork, negotiate a fair settlement, and represent you in every aspect of the case while you have the peace of mind to recover from your injuries.
What to Do After a Car Accident Injury?
After an injury, you should seek medical attention immediately and report the incident to the police. Your healthcare provider will help determine the severity of your injuries. Failure to get proper medical attention in a drunk driving accident can lead to further complications and may affect your claim. It is crucial to establish evidence to prove that the accident resulted in an injury. Your medical records will play a vital role in documenting your injuries and will help you to recover fair compensation for your claim in Bucks County.
In Bucks County Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit in state court. Failure to meet the statute of limitations deadline can lead to the denial of your compensation claim. You should contact your insurance company at the earliest date to report the accident; however, you should avoid signing any release documents without consulting with an injury lawyer in Bucks County.
1. When to Seek Legal Help
- Many people in Bucks County suffer injuries from motor vehicle accidents. Not all victims involved in motor vehicle accidents know if they should obtain legal counsel. All too often, people make the mistake of delaying the process until it is too late. Do not delay. Contact a Bucks County car accident attorney today.
- In general, most vehicle accidents involve either cars, trucks, buses or some combination of those motor vehicles. An accident may result in physical injury, property damage, and even fatality. The type of motor vehicle and whether it is privately or commercially owned and operated could make a difference in the amount you can potentially recover.
- An experienced attorney’s legal representation can be of great help in maximizing the amount of recovery you can expect to receive for your losses. If you are struggling financially because you have been hurt, physically or mentally, an attorney can assist you by advocating for compensation that you deserve.
2. Recover Your Money
- We are here to help all types of clients. Give us a call. We understand insurance claims, accident damages, and the troubles and worries clients endure throughout the process.
- You should not be stressed about legalities while recovering from injuries. Allow an experienced attorney to worry about the legal process on your behalf.
- You can rest easier knowing your case is in competent hands as our experienced attorneys work for you.
- Our legal professionals know what it takes to file a strong claim with supporting evidence. An attorney will guide you throughout the entire legal process. With a free initial consultation, you have got nothing to lose.
- Legal representation will help improve the likelihood of obtaining fair compensation. Our lawyers will assess the totality of damages caused by the accident and pursue compensation to recover costs. If settlement negotiations fail, our attorneys will fight tirelessly for your rights in court.
3. Relax & Recuperate
- Many victims struggle to recover from severe injuries. Allow an attorney to take care of the legal work while you work on recovering from your injuries.
- We understand your suffering. You may be facing physical as well as mental and emotional distress. You may worry about how to pay the bills. Family and friends may be concerned for your well-being. At times, these challenges can seem insurmountable.
Fortunately, reputable lawyers are available to assist. Our lawyers will gather and present accident scene photos, medical documentation, and other evidence to build a strong case. Critical evidence includes witness statements, medical reports, expert testimonies, and more. Lawyers can also contact insurance companies on your behalf, as well as opposing attorneys.
Ultimately, our attorneys will become your strongest defenders and fiercest advocates when you may need support the most. If you have been injured in Bucks County, contact a Bucks County accident lawyer. We have qualified legal professionals ready to assist. Give us a call or go online to The Law Offices Of Samuel Fishman.