Talk to an Experienced Attorney If You Have Been Involved in a Bus Accident
Be prepared on how to handle a bus accident, and it’s the aftermath. Any kind of accident is tragic. Especially when you or any of your loved ones are involved. Accidents are not only about the person who has been injured or deceased, It is also about the pain and suffering from those around them. In the U.S., any injury or loss that happens due to negligence can be penalized.
When two or more parties are involved in an accident, the victim can file a lawsuit. These cases are generally termed as personal injury cases. A Philadelphia Bus Accident Lawyer can help you and your loved ones get compensation after you have been involved in a tragic bus accident.
When someone is involved in an accident, The individual(s) and their family can suffer from any of the following:
Excessive medical bills
Loss of pay from not being able to work
If ever you or your loved one is involved in a bus accident, you should find an attorney with years of experience to handle your case. You must be aware of your rights and take the right steps to get the compensation that you deserve through a Philadelphia Bus Accident Attorney.
Who Can File A Case Against Bus Accidents?
Any of the parties involved in a bus accident can file a lawsuit against the one at fault. Any or all of the victims mentions below can hire a bus accident attorney and potentially get compensation. However, it must also be remembered that these lawyers also represent the defense.
Therefore, the party that is at fault can also reach out to a bus accident attorney to fight their case as well.
In the case of bus accidents, there can be three parties involved:
- A passenger of the bus or another vehicle who gets hurt due to the accident.
- The driver of the bus or another vehicle who is involved in the accident.
- A pedestrian who gets hurt because of the bus accident.
What Can Cause A Bus Accident?
Bus accidents can be an unfortunate incident that can injure people and even take lives.
The major causes of a bus accident can also be any of the following:
- If the driver of the bus or the driver of the colliding vehicle is fatigued.
- If the driver of either party is careless while driving.
- An error or misjudge while driving.
- The bus driver or the driver of the colliding vehicle engage in rash driving.
- If the bus has not been maintained properly and causes problems.
- If the bus is not checked before the trip and there is a mechanical failure.
- If the bus owner hires an incompetent driver without properly testing their driving skills.
- If the bus driver does not undergo the required safety training.
In either of these scenarios, it is considered negligence and a case can be filed to claim for compensation. A Philadelphia Bus Accident Lawyer can help you with any of these matters.
Reasons to Hire A Bus Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in an accident, one of the crippling burdens one can face is the loss of pay from being out of work. Not having a constant flow of money like you once had can greatly affect your everyday life.
When you hire a Philadelphia Bus Accident attorney, they are here to guide you and fight for your rights. There can be more reasons than one to hire a bus accident attorney. The following are a few reasons to hire an attorney:
- They listen to your situation and analyze what could potentially be your rightful compensation.
- They gather facts and also investigate the true story to help win the case for you.
- They also do all the documentation, fact-finding, researching and all of the dirty work regarding the case.
- They have the right kind of experience to turn the case in your favor. If you hire any general lawyer, they will not have the expertise in the niche of bus accidents.
- They also try to assess an out of court settlement to get you the compensation that you deserve. If that fails, they represent you in the court proceedings.
After You Have Hired A Bus Accident Attorney, What is Next?
After you have done your research and hired a Bus Accident Lawyer Philadelphia residents trust, you can rest easy. Once you have signed the contract, the law firm takes care of all the proceedings. You will have to cooperate with the lawyer continuously throughout the process.
The general course of action is:
Onboarding- In this stage, the law firm will take all your information. They will ask you multiple questions to understand the accident, your medical condition, how long you have to be away from work, and how many medical expenses you have incurred. They will also inquire about any insurance claims made or that need to be made. After analyzing all of this information they will decide on the amount of money that should be claimed as your rightful compensation.
Documentation- After they decide on the compensation amount, they will start building the case. The most important part, in any case, is played by the documents. They will start collecting your medical reports, hospital bills, lab test reports, unemployment documents, insurance papers, police reports, and more. You will be required to give them a power of attorney for getting the required information on your behalf, whenever necessary.
Investigation- Once all the documents have been arranged, they will start investigating the case. This helps in building a strong case in front of the court. They will reach out to police, witnesses, and also other people who were involved in the accident to better understand the course of the incident. Once they know that, it becomes easier for a lawyer to fight your case in front of the court of law.
Settlement- Like any other case, the court may also give an option to both parties to meet outside the court and try to find a mutual solution. The attorneys representing both the parties meet along with the defense and victim and do an out of court settlement. This way, court proceedings, and costs can be avoided. If the defendant agrees to the quoted compensation, then it can be settled. However, if the defense tries to negotiate and the victim or the lawyer doesn’t agree, then the legal case continues.
Court Proceedings- If both the parties can’t settle out of court, then the regular court proceedings start. The lawyer will be representing you in the court of law. They will explain your situation to the jury and justify the compensation claimed.
A Bus Accident Lawyer Philadelphia residents trust will lay out all the findings and investigations done to help you win the case and get the justice that you deserve.
Our Bus Accident Lawyers are highly experienced and know how to handle different types of bus accident lawsuits with perfection. Feel free to discuss your legal concerns with us!