Authored By: Samuel Fishman
Samuel Fishman is the Founding and Lead Partner at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, PC. Mr. Fishman represents seriously injured people in both state and federal court. Specifically, Mr. Fishman focuses his practice on Personal Injury claimants, including dog bite injuries.
- Dog Bites & Attacks
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Social Security Disability
11450 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19116
Being involved in a car accident is one of the most stressful life events that a person can experience. Regardless of how carefully someone drives, taking all possible safety precautions even before putting the key in the ignition, some car accidents are impossible to avoid. In the U.S., an estimated ten million motor vehicle accidents occur each year. Whether someone experiences an incident with serious injuries or just a minor “fender bender,” accidents can be traumatic for all parties involved. Certain actions must be taken to preserve the rights of all people injured in automobile accidents. When you call our office today, we will schedule a free consultation to meet with you and show how our representation will maximize your ability to obtain full compensation for your injuries.
Don’t Hesitate – Contact the Professional Car Accident Lawyers at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman Today!
When in doubt about one’s legal rights following a motor vehicle accident, it is wise to contact a car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman. For over 15 years, the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman has been providing representation to victims injured in car accidents. Our representation is focused on providing injury victims with the high quality and attentive personal service required to obtain full monetary compensation for their injuries suffered.
– Client Testimonial
– Philadelphia County – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
If an accident does occur, some steps should be taken right away.
Taking certain measures ahead of time can prepare someone to deal with a car accident. When an accident does occur, some steps should be taken right away.
- Remain safe by moving the vehicle to the side of the road and staying in close proximity. This will get the occupants out of the way of oncoming traffic, helping to avoid further damage to the vehicle and potential injury to the driver or passengers.
- Call 9-1-1 for an ambulance and police. In some locations, the police might not be obligated to come to the scene of an accident with no injuries. In this case, one should file a police report at the station and obtain a copy later. It is important to keep this document for one’s own reference and for a future consultation with a car accident attorney like the experienced car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman.
- In serious accidents, an emergency kit containing cones or flares can be helpful. At the very least, car owners should keep pens and paper, as well as a camera or cell phone, available to document the car accident.
- Take photographs of the vehicles involved in the accident including the license plates.
- Check to see that all relevant vehicle and insurance documents are in the car. Consult them for advice on what to do in case of an accident.
- Exchange information with anyone else involved in the motor vehicle accident. This includes personal contact information and vehicle details such as make, model, and license plate. If there are any witnesses, talk to them and obtain their names and numbers for later follow-up.
- DO NOT provide a written or tape recorded statement to any insurance adjuster who represents the other driver who caused the collision. You must assume that the insurance company will record your statement and that it may be used against you at a later date.
- Contact an attorney, such as our experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman, as soon as possible so that evidence required to win your case can be quickly collected and preserved.
Those involved in an accident should not attempt to take the law into their own hands, such as making a verbal agreement without filing a written police report. In most cases, it is a good idea to go on record with a police report, especially for insurance purposes. You should also document physical injuries with photographs and a medical report. Sometimes agreements between the parties fall through and, if too much time has passed, then it is more difficult to file a claim with the insurance company.
A Car Accident Attorney From the Law Offices of Samuel Fishman Will Provide Personal Recommendations to Every Client
Consult our car accident attorneys immediately if you suffered injuries in an accident. Our attorneys will provide personalized recommendations for the unique facts surrounding your accident. A successful lawsuit can result in remedies such as compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, property damage and lost wages. Our office will help to maximize your ability to obtain full compensation for your injuries.